We collect information about you in a variety of ways depending on how you interact with us and our websites, products, and services, including:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us, such as when you register for an account, sign up to receive communications from us, or contact us by phone, email, or otherwise.
- From other sources, including, for example, our affiliates, business partners, service providers, and other third parties, or from publicly available sources.
The following provides examples of the type of information that we collect in a variety of contexts and how we use that information.
In addition to the purposes and uses described above, we use information in the following ways:
- To identify you when you visit our websites.
- To provide services.
- To improve our services and product offerings.
- To conduct analytics.
- To communicate with you, such as to respond to and/or follow-up on your requests, inquiries, issues, or feedback.
- To send marketing materials.
- To detect and protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, including violation of our policies and terms and conditions, security incidents, and harm to the rights, property, or safety of our company and our users, employees, or others.
- To debug, identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality of our website and services.
- To comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, to establish or exercise our rights, and to defend against a legal claim.
- For internal administrative purposes, as well as to manage our relationships.
- For such other purposes as you may consent (from time to time).
Although the sections above describe our primary purpose in collecting your information, in many situations we have more than one purpose. For example, if you schedule a phone consultation, we may collect your information to perform our contract with you, but we also collect and maintain your information after your consultation is complete so that we can quickly and easily respond to any questions about your consultation.
To the extent we maintain and use personal information in a deidentified form, we will not attempt to reidentify the information, except for the purpose of determining whether our deidentification processes satisfy our legal obligations.
- Affiliates and Acquisitions. We may share information with our corporate affiliates (g., parent company, sister companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control). If another company acquires, or plans to acquire, our company, business, or our assets, we will also share information with that company, including at the negotiation stage.
- Other Disclosures without Your Consent. We may disclose information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also share your information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies, or to comply with your request for the shipment of products to or the provision of services by a third-party intermediary.
- Service Providers. We may share your information with service providers. Among other things service providers may help us to administer our website, conduct surveys, provide technical support, process payments, and assist in the fulfillment of orders.
- Other Disclosures with Your Consent. We may disclose your information to other third parties when we have your consent or direction to do so.
When do we place cookies?
We place cookies when you visit our websites or use certain mobile applications. Any web browser visiting these sites will receive cookies from us.
What types of cookies do we use?
We use a variety of cookie types:
- Preference cookies collect information about your choices and preferences, and allow us to remember language or other local settings and customize the websites accordingly.
- Preference Cookies.
- Strictly necessary cookies are necessary for the website to work and to enable you to move around it and to use its features. Without these cookies, websites will not perform as intended and we may not be able to provide our website or certain services or features you request.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies.
- Analytics cookies collect information about your use of the websites, and enable us to improve the way they work. For example, analytics cookies show us which are the most frequently visited pages on a website, help us record any difficulties you have with a website, and show us whether our advertising is effective or not. This allows us to see the overall patterns of usage, rather than the usage of a single person.
- Analytics Cookies.
- Advertising cookies are used for marketing purposes
- Advertising Cookies.
- Some of our websites may contain promotional links to other companies’ sites. If you follow one of these links or interact with that other site, a cookie is used to tell the other site that you came from one of our websites. That other site may then pay us a small amount for the successful referral.
- Affiliate Cookies.
All of the cookies above are either persistent cookies or session cookies. A persistent cookie helps us recognize you as an existing user, so it’s easier to return to the website or interact with our services repeatedly. A persistent cookie stays in your browser and will be read by the website when you return to one of our websites or a partner site that uses our services. Session cookies only last for as long as the session (usually the current visit to a website or a browser session).
How are cookies used for advertising purposes?
Cookies and other ad technology such as beacons, pixels, and tags help us serve relevant ads to you more effectively. They also help us provide aggregated auditing, research, and reporting for advertisers, understand and improve our service, and know when content has been shown to you. We may use third party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may employ cookies and clear GIFs to measure advertising effectiveness. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of these third party advertising companies if you have any concerns. Note: Because your web browser may request advertisements and beacons directly from third party ad network servers, these networks can view, edit, or set third party cookies, just as if you had requested a web page from their site. Ads served by us may also set third party cookies.
Unless you clear these cookies from your browser, we may use this information to:
- provide more relevant, interest-based advertising
- provide aggregate reports of ads activity to advertisers and websites hosting the ads
- help website and app owners understand how visitors engage with their sites or apps
- detect and defend against fraud and other risks to protect users and partners
- improve our products
Some jurisdictions give you a right to make the following choices regarding your personal information:
- Access To Your Personal Information. You may request access to your personal information or confirmation that we have information about you. In certain limited circumstances, you may also request to receive access to your data in a portable, machine-readable format.
- Changes To Your Personal Information. We rely on you to update and correct your personal information. You may ask us to correct information that is inaccurate or incomplete. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law.
- Deletion Of Your Personal Information. You may request that we delete your personal information. If required by law, we will grant a request to delete information, but you should note that in many situations we must keep your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or for another business purposes.
- Opt-out of Targeted Advertising. You may opt-out of online tracking based targeted advertising (e.g., cookies) by clicking the cookie settings link here. Please note that if you change browsers or computers, or if you clear your browser’s cache, you may need to click the link again to apply your preference. You may also opt-out of other forms of targeted advertising by submitting a request as described below.
- Objection to Certain Processing. You may object to our use or disclosure of your personal information by contacting us at the address described below.
- Online Tracking. We do not currently recognize the “Do Not Track” signal.
- Promotional Emails. You may choose to provide us with your email address for the purpose of allowing us to send promotional materials to you. You can stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in emails that you receive. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you service related communications.
- Revocation Of Consent. Where we process your personal information based upon consent, you may revoke consent. Please note, if you revoke your consent for the processing of personal information then we may no longer be able to provide you services.
Please note, not all of the rights described above are absolute, and they do not apply in all circumstances. In some cases, we may limit or deny your request because the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity. We will not discriminate against individuals who exercise their privacy rights under applicable law.
You may exercise the rights described above by contacting us as indicated in the “Contact Information” section below.
Note that, as required by law, we will require you to prove your identity. We may verify your identity by phone call or email. We may also ask you to provide a signed declaration confirming your identity. Following a request, we will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you in our files.
In some circumstances, you may designate an authorized agent to submit requests to exercise certain privacy rights on your behalf. If you are an authorized agent submitting a request on behalf of an individual, you must attach a copy of a completed Authorized Agent Form indicating that you are able to act on another person’s behalf.
No method of transmission over the internet,or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonableefforts to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, ordisclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. Inthe event that we are required by law to inform you of a breach to yourpersonal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or bytelephone, if permitted to do so by law.
We retain your personal information foronly as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this PrivacyPolicy, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, orreporting requirements, unless a longer retention period is required orpermitted by law. To determine the appropriate retention period for personalinformation, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of theinformation, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure ofthe information, the purposes for which we obtained the information and whetherwe can achieve those purposes through other means, as well as applicable legalrequirements.
For your convenience, we may provide links to websites and other third-party content or services that we do not own or operate. The websites and third-party content to which we link may have separate privacy notices or policies. Please note, we have no control over the privacy practices websites, or services that we do not own. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third-party website or application for details about such third party’s privacy practices.
- California Shine the Light. If you would like more information concerning the categories of personal information (if any) we share with third parties or affiliates for those parties to use for direct marketing, please submit a written request to us using the information in the Contact Information section above.